Thursday 12 February 2009

I hate second life...


I am so happy to say that I don't have to go on second life again. I hated it. There are no real characters, no one had a decent conversation and lets face it you can have plenty of better conversations in the real world. I thought for my last time that I would take a random look at a beach to see it the graphics are decent. It was cool that they had a dolphin but the place didn't have any character at all. It was the first time that I saw people today. They say there is millions of people on here but where are they.

Anyway I thought second life would appeal to people because of the freedom you might experience. There's no restrictions and you feel as confident as you want but I was wrong. I found a report saying that people can get banned for breaking revelations such as, disturbing the peace, false advertising (fair enough,) and harassment. In terms of identity I think people are just as limited on second life as they are in the real world. There are always going to be rules and regulations. Personally I'd rather experience it in the real world. No matter what I can see it carrying on for years to come people all over the world have alter egos to express themselves in many different from on the Internet. It has become part of our everyday culture.

No comments: