Tuesday 11 November 2008

My favourite part of it is the contrasting colours of neon green and bright pink. I choose these colours to reflect his fragmented state of mind. Also I have changed the hue and saturation so the pixilation reflects a impure, fragmented state of mind through the unnatural colours. I wanted this look to show the musicians pathway is distorted by drugs and critisms of society.

My ideas have gradually changed whilst taking the photos as the narrative changed when I used props such as shoes, the guitar, and body movement. For the me his lose of his guitar shows he is loosing his way and is doomed. On the other hand I chose pink and green because they are both fun, vivid colours but I darkened the background to create light and dark shadows. Looking back I would have made a stronger source point of slight to draw your attention to his movements through more of a contrast.

No comments: