Tuesday 3 March 2009

How objects say who you are....

This is a composition of how objects express who I am by bringing back memories, my flaws, who is important to me and what places I hold close to my heart. I choose a  family holiday photo (on holiday) when I was little but I have only used part of the photo. I chose to use the water as it was when my Grandad taught me how to swim. My flaws are represented by the broken shell necklace because it was an object I bought when I was travelling last year. To me that necklace reminds me about how I learnt about who I really am through experiencing life on my own 2 feet. The paint brush and paint are very important to be because they have been objects that I have enjoyed using to express my self ever since I can remember. I put in a life drawing to connect my passion to the community that we life in as that is part of my identity therefore life drawing is an observation of that identity. 

No comments: