Sunday, 17 May 2009

Avatar stages

I tried out some targat lighting and lightning to see what best highlighted the avatars features. The lighting turned out to be too bright. I also lost some of the detail in the face when I changed to this lighting.

Matching the head to the body. So far so good.

I had to create my own hair from a sphere instead of using the hair and fur application as I don't have 3ds max at home (mac.) I liked the way it turned out as it unites the cartoony body and the slightly more realistic face.

Started off with extruding and making kinks in the hair.

I made the eye with 3 spheres. I would've liked it to have been more realistic but it work with the other features.
I made the face out of cloning the polygons and using the background pictures as references.

No comments: