Tuesday 6 April 2010

Illustration Friday

I've found this really cool website through .NET magazine that is for illustrators and artists of all skill levels. Every friday there is a new theme for any one to base a creative piece on, in any media. I really want to take part in the next theme and if I enjoy (I'm sure I will) I might make it a weekly thing to get my creative juices going.

I really like his work, how he seems to have taken a simple idea of a posh woman, taking her dog for a walk and created a mechanised, 'other worldly' cartoon theme.

Bonnie Gloris: http://www.bonniegloris.com/Mixed%20Media%20Pages/mangled-and-distressed.htm
She has a range of work in many mediums and worked for some quite impressive cliental as an illustrator/ portrait artist. I love the texture and layers of her work. It adds character and a hidden narrative that all the layers bring together.


No comments: