Friday, 19 December 2008

The next stage was the most difficult for me. In one word- autoscript! It was the vein of my life for two days. Endlessly trying to work out what code I needed, luckily I made a structure before I so I knew what image I needed to connect to each keyframe. After a few tries and some advice from Jools and Sonny I got the hang of how it worked.  The object that I wanted to connect to another keyframe (in this case the baby) I'd have to type the autoscript as baby1 and also type it into the instance name as baby1. In this step I had to make sure the names match because otherwise the program would get confused and play it in a random order. This happened more than a few times for me as I connected the wrong keyframes to the wrong name.

The next step was the audio. To make the characters more realistic I wanted to put some voices in to give the characters more individuality and connect with the audience. A few of my flat mates have got really distinct accents that I thought would suit the characters, for example the dog has got a Bury accent (the bury just off Manchester) so it would be quite a deep, quite grumpy voice. I also gave the princess a high pitched London voice to make her sound posh. 

When I put in the audio I watched a few of the tutorials connected to NOW but they seemed to drag on and not show me exactly the way I was looking for (as expected) so I messed around with how to put the audio on for quite awhile and found a good way on youtube. I added the audio into a folder on the right hand side, selected it and it came up in a box that I had to select at the bottom (near where you'd type n the instance name) and dragged it on to the keyframe I needed it. For me the audio was one of the easiest bits of the process because I was becoming for familiar with the program. 

Looking at the final product it is my most successful in terms of learning curves and creativeness because I used my own hand drawn images. Personally I think it made it more my own. Also the audio made it more individual. I think I could improve it by taking away the faint outline of off white on two of the characters and possibly instead of having the object they choose to find the lion in a box I would draw the object as a whole area and have the scan it for where they would like to go.  

No comments: