Sunday, 27 February 2011
Friday, 25 February 2011
Thursday, 24 February 2011
- Creating line, tone, texture etc (formal elements)
- Range of colours
- Range of brushes
- Different backgrounds that replicate different paper textures
- Using layers
- Importing photos as backgrounds
- being able to sketch
- simple interactions to create the artwork
- create range of graphics
- easy to find/use navigation
- Play game apps as they find them more enjoyable
- Used to social networks
- Used to traditional tools
- Used to photoshop
Wednesday, 23 February 2011
- Produce a site map of pages we know about so far including 'parent' and 'child' pages and assess the design requirements of those pages. We don't have to design every page but we have to make provision for certain page designs such as the event map(s) (which we didn't talk about) and layout for 'standard' pages.
- Produce HTML / CSS for home page and alternative page(s)
- install modx and link it to the database, upload your HTML, CSS and design elements.
Sunday, 20 February 2011
On feedback from ibrow media (wish upon a stars current web developer) I have made a few alterations so that the website can be up-dateable easily by Wish upon a star.
- Made the banner smaller so there more room for content
- made the balloon smaller so more room for animation
- added a plane with a banner so there's more space for navigation to advertise links when needed.
- Only put one picture in the banner so that it doesn't have a 'wide screen' affect. Taken away the blue so it doesn't separate the information from the picture.
Friday, 18 February 2011
Thursday, 17 February 2011
The aim of artefact two was to find out what applications on either the android or IOS system that artists are attracted to, to create artwork. I have chosen to observe a focus group of artists using drawing apps and completing a questionnaire to gain an understanding of what factors that they connect to whilst using the device in order to create artwork. As well as how they create the artwork I was focusing on each devices functionality and usability as components towards the application and devices successful.
A prominent factor throughout the course of the study was that artists choose the android phone first and that sketcher was the most popular app. This is was because the application was self explanatorily therefore the user assumed that it was easy to use. Also the artists that choose IOS applications first preferred the android art applications (just draw, sketcher) overall as they felt that they provided a wider range of tools. However I find this surprising that they find android tools easier to use due to their functionality systems, as they are both used to IOS.
Throughout artefact two it has become evident that artists are looking for tools that are quick and easy to use with out the ‘clearing up’ factor. Yet they want the detail of using traditional tools. Personally I think that the user interface and how the tools are presented are a major contributing factor to this because artists are initially drawn into the application because of its appearance and user interface. If tools weren’t clearly laid out they would disregard the application, moving onto the next one. Throughout both artefacts it is clear that people want the tool set to be less sensitive and the drawing board to be more sensitive to touch so that fine detail can be created.
Wednesday, 16 February 2011
The the pie charts above are only a small part of my second artefact so aren't what I'm judging the next move on in terms of my personal research project. They are just a good visual basis, for them to be more substantial evidence I would have had to have tested more people. Generally people who haven't used android or IOS before are more attracted to using android as a platform to create artwork but overall people find IOS easier to use because of its clear layout.
Tuesday, 15 February 2011
- If the IOS/android apps can be used to created art work successfully by artists.
- If android or IOS functions better as an art tool
- How does using android or IOS affect the creation and display of artwork.
- Which platform work better in terms of functionality and usability
Sunday, 13 February 2011
Friday, 11 February 2011
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
Monday, 7 February 2011
Also suggested by ibrow ltd is the search menu so that the audience can find anything on the website easily.
The next stage is to see what design the client likes to take forward to the next stage and try to see how the mock-up would work with the content management system that they want me to use (modx).